Apartment Jade Regent
The calendar is strikingly similar to our own. This means that as one year passes on our calendar, 1 year will have passed in the calendar in Golarion.
Golarion’s most notable calendar is called the Absolom Reckoning calendar, or AR. It is most commonly used in Avistan and Garund (where you currently are). The day of the month is always listed first, followed by the month and the year and generally suffixed with the letters “AR”. Such as when your caravan set out on Oathday, 5 Desnus, 4711 AR. Note: you searched Brinewall on Starday, 21 Desnus, 4711 AR.
The months of the year are as follows:
- Abadius – named in honor of Abadar, Master of the First Vault.
- Calistril – named for Calistria, goddess of Revenge, called The Savored Sting.
- Pharast – named after Pharasma, the Mother of Souls.
- Gozran – named for the Sky Father Gozreh.
- Desnus – named for the goddess Desna, Queen of the North Star.
- Sarenith – blessed by Sarenrae, the Dawnflower.
- Erastus – named in honor of Erastil, Old Deadeye.
- Arodus – named for the now dead god Aroden, known as the Last of the First Humans
- Rova (Torawsh to many dwarves) – named for the violent god Rovagug the Worldbreaker. Many dwarves thing harshly of naming a month after such an evil god and, instead, named the month after Torag, the Father of Creation and of Dwarvenkind.
- Lamashan – named for Lamashtu, the Mother of Monsters.
- Neth – named after Nethys the Two-Faced Magician
- Kuthona – named Kuthona after Zon-Kuthon, the Midnight Lord, for its long nights.
The Days of the week are
Finally, the Absalom Reckoning has a Leap year every 8 years, including next year’s month of Calistril in 4712 AR. An extra day is added on to the end of the month as part of each leap year.
These Holidays are known to your party.